[EDWARD VII, KING OF ENGLAND. (1841-1910)]. DS. 1p. Folio. N.p., February 4, 1910. A handwritten and illustrated royal license granting the use of the last name and arms of Luxmoore to Allan Aylmer Wilson (1880-1969) and his wife Lucy Luxmoore Dumville Lees Wilson. Signed by Alfred Scott Scott-Gatty (1847-1918) and William Henry Weldon (1837-1919) both officers of arms at the College of Arms and George Edward Cokayne (1825-1911), English genealogist, author of The Complete Peerage, and herald at the College of Arms and Clarenceux King of Arms. Also signed on the verso by Henry Farnham Burke (1859-1930) officer of arms at the College of Arms in his capacity as Somerset Herald of Arms in Ordinary.
The document, executed on vellum, is illustrated with the arms of Luxmoore in the upper left corner which include Argent Argent a chevron nebuly Sable between in chief two moorcocks proper and in base a fleur-de-lys Azure a canton Gules, surmounted by a closed helmet, denoting the rank of gentleman. Above the helmet is an axe with blue fleur-de-lis on each side. To the right of the Luxmoore arms are arms of the Duke of Norfolk, the royal arms of King Edward VII and the armorial achievement of the College of Arms.